Christy Federspiel, Enrolled Agent, NTPI Fellow

Christy A. Federspiel, Enrolled Agent, NTPI Fellow
Managing Partner

Christy is an Enrolled Agent, a member of the National Association of Enrolled Agents and the Michigan Society of Enrolled Agents, and is licensed by the Department of Treasury to practice before the IRS. In doing so, she represents the interests of clients and their companies in dealing with all IRS issues and concerns.

Christy is also an NTPI Fellow. A National Tax Practice Institute (NTPI) is an educational branch of NAEA. The NTPI Fellow means that the student completed 72 hours of specialized studying in tax debt services and resolution with the IRS.

Using this expertise, Christy now focuses on Audit Representation, Offer-in-Compromise, Lien and Levy removal, Representation for the IRS, State and UIA. If necessary and reasonable, Christy represents clients in Appeal cases.

In 2018, Christy separated all Tax Debt Work under a new company, Tax Debt Resolution Services, LLC. Christy spends 90% of her time in Tax Debt Resolution Services. The other 10% is in Padgett Business Services of SE MI, a dba of Federspiel Financial Advisors, Inc.

In 1998 Christy opened Padgett with her husband Jack. Christy works on maintaining healthy client relationships whether it is through accounting and tax needs, services or computer support. Christy, while mainly working on tax returns and financial requirements for clients, is also the Managing Partner, responsible for the operations of the firm.

In 1999, Christy began Financial Software Services, Inc., focusing on installing accounting software, often replacing manual or DOS-based accounting environments using the leading Windows-based software product CYMA. She consulted and trained such clients as the Sisters of Mercy in Pittsburgh, Detroit Rescue Mission in Detroit, Heat Treating Services in Detroit, Niagara Frontier Auto Dealers in Buffalo, and Seeskin, Paas and Blackburn in OH. Christy also trained on the accounting software on-site or in the company’s local training classroom. During this time, Christy began to consult and train on leading fundraising software in the country, as well.

Starting in 2004, Christy consulted and supported CYMA on a server in Arizona. This arrangement allowed Christy to focus strictly on the accounting and financial reporting needs of clients in remote areas. In doing so, Christy and staff could provide other services not previously possible in a non-remote environment, such as bank reconciliations, general ledger reconciliations and accounts payable, as needed.

Christy graduated from Villanova University with a BS degree in Accounting and a minor in Computer Science. Her academic degrees concluded with an MBA in Management from St. Louis University.

After years in computer auditing, most recently the Manager of Computer Auditing for Union Pacific Railroad, Christy began her own consulting and accounting firm in 1982. She was Editor and Publisher of the EDP Auditor Quarterly and authored the CISA Review Manual, a guide for individuals studying for the Certified Information System Auditor exam. At that time, she passed the CISA exam.

Christy is a member of St. Kieran Catholic Church and loves to watch movies in her spare time with her dog Bandit.

Facing a Tax Audit?
We can Help! Don't Delay!
Contact our Enrolled Agents today!!